Residence Hall Ikkyo-Ryo
Residence Hall Ikkyo-Ryo
- Residence Hall Ikkyo-Ryo, which is located on the Kodaira Campus, provides accommodation for domestic and international students at Hitotsubashi University and international students from Tokyo Gakugei University, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, and the University of Electro-Communications.
- Rooms for single occupancy and those for couples and families are in different buildings.
- There are two types of single occupancy room: private and shared.
Private type: Toilet and washroom in each room. 14 residents share 1 kitchen and lounge area, 4 showers, and 2 laundries.
Shared type: 6 private rooms in one block. 1 kitchen and lounge area, 2 toilets, 2 showers, 1 laundry in each block.
- Resident Assistants (RAs) are domestic and international students from the four universities who live in Residence Hall Ikkyo-Ryo and provide support to the residents. In addition, there is a Community Assistant (CA) in each block to provide help for members of the block.
There is also an organization for the residents of Residence Hall Ikkyo-Ryo called the International Students Dormitory Association of Kodaira (ISDAK). The ISDAK holds monthly meetings consisting of Floor Leaders from each floor and Resident Assistants. It also plans events for the residents of Residence Hall Ikkyo-Ryo.
1-29-1 Gakuennishimachi, Kodaira City 187-0045
Travel Time from Kunitachi Campus to Residence Hall Ikkyo-Ryo
6 min. on foot - Kunitachi Campus to Kunitachi Station
4 min. by train - Kunitachi Station to Kokubunji Station (JR Chuo Line)
4 min. by train - Kokubunji Station to Hitotsubashi-Gakuen Station (Seibu Tamako Line)
10 min. on foot - Hitotsubashi-Gakuen Station to Residence Hall Ikkyo-Ryo
20-30 min. (approx. 6km)
(NEW) Rent, Common Area Charge, and Departure Cleaning Fee
|Room Type||Rent/Month||Common Area Charge/Month||ISDAK Membership Fee/Month||Total/Month||Departure Cleaning Fee||Total for 1st Month|
|Legally married couple||¥49,000||¥2,900||¥2,000||¥53,900||¥33,000||¥86,900|
- The above rent level will apply to students entering the university from April, 2019. The rent level may be different for current students so please see here.
- For more details about the new rent levels, please see here.
- The Common Area Charge for single occupancy rooms includes the cleaning costs of communal areas (kitchens, showers, and laundry rooms). You have to pay utilities for your private room and communal areas.
- The departure cleaning fee will be used for cleaning and repairing any damage after you move out. If the cost of cleaning and repairing exceeds the amount of the departure cleaning fee, you will have to pay the difference.
- The Internet fees are included in the rent.
Please submit a Departure Notice to the Plaza office 1 month before your desired move-out date.
|Room Type||Room Amenities|
|Single||Bed, desk, chair, wardrobe, bookshelf, air conditioner, extension telephone, lamp-stand, refrigerator, shoebox, toilet (shared toilets for shared type)
*Kitchen, showers, and laundries are shared
|Legally married couple||In addition to the amenities in the rooms for single occupancy, kitchen, bathroom, study, wardrobe, table, couch, cupboard, dining table and chairs, shelves, TV (with video player), stove, rice cooker, microwave, toaster, vacuum cleaner, iron, ironing board, washer, dryer|
|Family||In addition to the amenities in the rooms for couples, walk-in closet, children's room, bunk bed, study desk, wardrobe for children (but no ordinary wardrobe)|
* There is no storage room in International House, and no space for large baggage especially in the single occupancy rooms.
Phone and Internet
- There is an extension (internal) telephone in each room which can be used free of charge.
■Single Room (Shared type)
- Private space
- Shared space
Shared facilities: toilet, kitchens, showers, and laundry rooms
- Private space (S・N building)
- Private space (Other building)
- Shared space
Shared facilities: kitchens, showers, and laundry rooms
- For MEXT Scholarship Students
- For Privately Financed International Students
- For Exchange Students
- Procedures after entering Hitotsubashi University
- Request for a Certificate
- Information about Visas and Life in Japan
- Support Services for International Students