Residence Hall Kunitachi
Residence Hall Kunitachi
About Residence Hall Kunitachi
Surrounded by abundant greenery, Residence Hall Kunitachi stands on the west campus of Hitotsubashi University. While providing comfortable living environment for international student and researchers, it also stands as a place for cultural exchange in education and research.
There are 63 single rooms in building A and 6 couple’s rooms, 10 family rooms in building B. Approximately 80 residents are currently living in Residence Hall Kunitachi.
All rooms are fully furnished. There are two types (shared/private) of single rooms.
There are 6 resident assistants residing at Residence Hall Kunitachi to support international students.
Fun events such as Welcome Party, barbeques and Christmas Party are held regularly for the residents.
2-1 Naka, Kunitachi City, Tokyo 186-0004 (Kunitachi Campus)
800m from Kunitachi Station (JR line), about 10 minutes’ walk [Access Map]
Single room （Private type） 9 rooms (16㎡) [Picture 2D]
※Single rooms （Shared type）are located on a mixed gender shared floor.
|Room Type||Rent/Month||Asunaro-kai Membership Fee/Month||Fire Insurance Contribution Fee/Month||Total/Month||Departure Cleaning Fee||Total for 1st Month|
|Legally married Couple||¥58,000||¥4,900||¥530||¥63,430||¥30,000||¥93,430|
- Rent differs from the above for students who were enrolled at Hitotsubashi in 2018 or earlier.
- Utilities are not included in the rent. Tenants have to arrange for utility services and pay utility bills.
- The departure cleaning fee will be used for cleaning and repairing any damage after you move out. If the cost of cleaning and repairing exceeds the amount of the departure cleaning fee, you will have to pay the difference.
- The Internet fees are included in the rent.
Please submit a Departure Notice to the office 1 month before your desired move-out date.
* Asunaro-kai is an organization for residents who live in Residence Hall Kunitachi. It aims to improve the living environment of Residence Hall Kunitachi and promote friendship among the residents.
The Asunaro-kai fee is used for communal services such as cleaning staff's salary, utility charge of communal space, facility maintenance, events and meetings.
|Room Type||Room Amenities|
|Single||Bed, desk, chair, bookshelf, closet, air conditioner, telephone, refrigerator, shelves, toilet
* Shared type: Kitchen, shower, laundry and lounge are shared. [Picture]
* Private type: Small kitchen, bathroom, washer. Dryer is shared.
|Legally married couple||In addition to the amenities in the rooms for single occupancy, kitchen, bathroom, study, table, couch, cupboard, dining table and chairs, shelves, TV, electric stove, microwave, toaster, vacuum cleaner, iron, ironing board, washer, dryer|
|Family||In addition to the amenities in the rooms for couples, children's room, bunk bed, study desk, wardrobe for children|
* There is no storage room in Residence Hall Kunitachi. There is no space for large baggage especially for the single rooms.
Phone and Internet
- There is a telephone in each room. Internal calls are free. Receiving external calls is also free but you have to prepay if you want to make external calls.
- There is a computer room for residents in Residence Hall Kunitachi. Wifi modem is set in each room. The fee is included in the Asunaro fee (communal fee).
- For MEXT Scholarship Students
- For Privately Financed International Students
- For Exchange Students
- Procedures after entering Hitotsubashi University
- Request for a Certificate
- Information about Visas and Life in Japan
- Support Services for International Students